Sunday, November 10, 2013

Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash with Cumin Butter

Recently, a garden friend gave me an acorn squash. I have to say that I am not a big fan of this particular vegetable. It's a textural and partly taste issue. After a long list of attempted and discarded recipes, I tried this recipe from one of my favorite vegetable cookbooks by Jack Bishop, Vegetables Every Day. This cookbook is absolutely amazing because the recipes are simple but highlight the complex flavors of different vegetables. If you recently purchased a share in a CSA, community supported agriculture, program, then I would definitely recommend checking this book out.

Ingredients:

  • 1 acorn squash, cut in half, cleaned of pulp and seeds
  • 3 T butter
  • 1 t cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
  2. Place the acorn squash pieces, cut-side down, on a baking sheet coated in cooking spray.
  3. Roast the squash for about 45 minutes.
  4. Melt the butter, add cumin, salt, and pepper.
  5. Brush the cumin butter over the squash halves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookies Notification