Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Seed Catalogs- the True Gift of the Season

The best part of the winter holiday season is the arrival of this year's seed catalogs. Right when day length is diminishing and my tea consumption is rising exponentially, the best seed catalog that I have ever read arrives in the mailbox, the Fedco Seeds catalog. Am I biased? Absolutely. I read this catalog cover to cover multiple times during my daily bus commute.

Fedco Seeds is a cooperative owned by its employees and grower members in Clinton, Maine. In my opinion, the seed selection and price can't be beat for vegetable, flower, and herb growers. They offer volume discounts and accept group orders. In addition, if you are looking for an eco-friendly school fundraiser, they offer a seed packet selection for fundraising!

Each catalog is chock full of growing resources and information. Each crop, where applicable, is divided into at least two sections with hybrid and open-pollinated varieties for the seed-saving enthusiast.

To go to the main Fedco Seeds site, click here. For a downloadable pdf copy of their catalog, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookies Notification